PhysTEC Teacher of the Year
2019 National PhysTEC Teacher of the Year
See all previous awardees
The PhysTEC Teacher of the Year program recognizes outstanding high school physics educators who demonstrate the impact and value of physics teacher preparation programs. Each year, one national teacher and several local teachers are selected to receive this recognition.
If you have a teacher you would like to see recognized, review the guidelines below. Nominations and Applications are now closed.
- Nominations Opened: February 14, 2020
- Nominations Closed: June 5, 2020
- Application for National Winner Closed: July 17, 2020
How to Apply:
- PhysTEC member institutions may nominate only one teacher and must have done so by June 5. See Selection Guidelines.
- After the nomination deadline, Local Teacher of the Year winners will be selected.
- PhysTEC will notify local winners and encourage them to apply for the National Teacher of the Year prize.
- Applicants for the National Teacher of the Year award must have submitted an application by July 17.
- Applicant’s CV or resume
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s nominating institution
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s supervisor
- Essay question responses describing the applicant’s outstanding efforts in teaching physics
Teacher of the Year nominees must be:
- Selected by a PhysTEC member institution,
- A graduate of the selecting institution
- An active high school science teacher with at least three years of experience in physics teaching, and
- Able to demonstrate their significant positive impact on students’ learning and pursuit of physics
Local Winners receive:
- A certificate of achievement
- A spotlight on our website and in press
National Winners also receive:
- Speaking engagement and travel funding to the next Summer AAPT and PhysTEC Conference
- Special recognition at the PhysTEC Conference
- $1,000 classroom materials grant
If you have any questions, please contact the PhysTEC team (email@example.com).