Professional Development Opportunity Detail Page
|Name:||Introduction to Modeling in Light (Albany area)|
|Opportunity Type:||Modeling Workshop
|Teacher Level:||High School
|Description:||This Modeling Workshop is open to physics and physical science teachers worldwide. It is preferred but not required that participants have had a minimum of 2 weeks Modeling Workshop in physics.
PEER LEADER: Darren Broder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Intro to Mechanical Waves Workshop
Prerequisite: a mechanics Modeling Workshop or instructor permission.
GOALS: Each Modeling Workshop is an intensive 2- or 3-week course with these goals:
1. Educate teachers in use of a model-centered, guided-inquiry, interactive engagement method of teaching.
2. Help participants integrate computer courseware effectively into the curriculum.
3. Help teachers make better use of national resources for science education.
4. Establish electronic network support and a learning community among participants.
5. Strengthen local institutional support for participants as school leaders in disseminating standards-based reform in science education.
Click here to learn more about Modeling Instruction and the American Modeling Teachers Association (AMTA) or visit http://modelinginstruction.org/professional-development/ to find information on Modeling Workshops nationwide and strategies to seek funding (if needed) to participate.
|Duration:||4 days. Meet from 8-3 M-Th.|
or until filled
|Application Link:||Contact Darren Broder at the email below to register.|
Benefits and Requirements
www.albanyairport.com - 2 miles from college.
|Benefit Explanation:||The cost includes workshop materials, morning refreshments and lunch for the 4 days. The College is able to offer some on-campus housing for $75/night on a first come first serve basis. The College is also able to offer a breakfast/dinner option to interested participants. The cost is roughly $8-9 for breakfast and $11-12 for dinner. More details as they become available. Contact Darren Broder at the email address below for more information.|
|Other Prerequisites:||Two semesters of trigonometry-based college physics.|
Professional Development Opportunity Contact Information
515 Loudon Road
Albany, NY 12211