James Madison University: Recruitment
- After implementing a number of changes (designated advisor, created brochure & web page), we compiled a list of twelve students interested in teaching to proactively engage with regarding teaching issues.
- Creating resources and compiling a uniform message takes time.
- Effectively reaching students before they arrive on campus.
- All efforts described are straightforward to use and update after initial efforts creating them.
- Recruiting can be self-supporting: through recruiting, both students and faculty are more aware of teaching opportunities and help spread the word to others.
- Designated a secondary education minor advisor as a central resource for students.
- Created a brochure, web page, and email list to disseminate information effectively.
- Incorporated teaching as a focus in existing recruiting efforts.