The 5+ Club Supported Site
University of Central Florida: Faculty Involved
- Talat S. Rahman, Department Chair and Pegasus Professor, Department of Physics. PI for the project, facilitates project activities and interfaces with other departments, UCF administration and others interested in promoting STEM teaching at the state level.
- Jeffrey B. Bindell, Lecturer, Department of Physics, and Director of techPATH, Florida High Tech Corridor. Supports interactions with local high schools and the Teacher Advisory Group, as well as coordinates and conducts K-12 outreach efforts. Jeff and Dr. Ahlam Al-Rawi developed the Physics Career Exploration Day.
- Malcolm B. Bulter, Associate Professor, School of Teaching, Learning and Leadership. Main PhysTEC contact in the College of Education and Human Performance, supports project-related research, interaction with the TIR, and recruitment of students from underrepresented groups.
- Jacquelyn J. Chini, Lecturer and Director of Learning Assistant Program, Department of Physics. Directs learning assistant program, mini-studio course transformation, project-related research and introductory course assessment. Develops curriculum for Physics B.A. program and courses for future teachers.
- Joshua E. Colwell, Professor and Associate Chair, Department of Physics. Offers professional development workshops for local teachers.
- Elena S. Flitsiyan, Lecturer and Undergraduate Coordinator, Department of Physics. Advises students of opportunity to pursue teaching careers, publicizes physics BA, and incorporates service-learning into introductory physics courses.