PhysTEC Conference Registration
Hotel and Travel
Registration and Deadlines
Call for Share-A-Thon Topics
Call for Abstracts
Registration closes on February 14, 2020.
The conference will be February 29 - March 1 2020 in Denver, Colorado
PhysTEC Member Insitution Affiliate: $185
Non-PhysTEC Insitution Affiliate: $385
Those affiliated with a PhysTEC Member Institution receive a discount on conference registration. Additional discounts for teachers and students are available. Email email@example.com for more information.
Don't forget to submit an abstract for the Poster Session!
Please note that you will be prompted to sign in to APS.org before registering; this is free for nonmembers.
Travel Support for Minority-Serving Institutions
We are committed to supporting minority-serving institutions that wish to become leaders in physics teacher preparation and are offering a limited number of stipends of up to $1000 to qualified institutions to support travel to the conference.
To apply for an MSI Travel Grant, fill out this form.
Deadlines for submission will be January 7, 2020
Travel Grant Policies
The following details the policy for awarding Travel Grants for faculty from Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) to attend the PhysTEC Conference. A printable copy of the policy is here.
- An institution is considered an MSI if a specific underrepresented minority group constitutes at least 25% of the total undergraduate enrollment. Lists are available on the Department of Education and Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities websites.
- Recipients must be from a PhysTEC Coalition member institution.
- There is a limit of one award per institution per year. Repeat awards may be given if the attendee can demonstrate sufficient outcomes from previous awards.
- PhysTEC currently-funded are not eligible.
- Students and high school teachers are not eligible. The grant is intended to support faculty who work in or are interested in physics teacher education.
- Recipients are expected to stay in the conference hotel.
- We ask faculty to demonstrate the potential usefulness of the grant using application questions about their current physics teacher education efforts and what they would gain from attending the conference.
- After the conference, Travel Grant Recipients are requested to write a two-paragraph summary of what they learned at the conference.
- Each award is up to $1000, which may be split between faculty members at an institution.
- The funds are distributed as reimbursement for travel costs for only one individual from the awarded institution. Allowed expenses are detailed in the APS Grant Travel & Expense report.
- The grant can be used for travel and hotel expenses
- Registration fee is waived for up to two attendees from the institution. Additional attendees from the institution will need to pay registration fees.