Hotel and Travel
Registration and Deadlines
Call for Share-A-Thon Topics
Call for Abstracts
The 2020 PhysTEC Conference will be held February 29th & March 1st in Denver, Colorado.
The program includes time for networking (both structured and unstructured) and several types of sessions and workshops. A tentative list follows, with a schedule grid is farther below. They will be updated when the schedule is finalized.
- Advice from the trenches: A panel of physics teachers discusses how they were (or were not) prepared by their teacher education programs.
- Advocacy for physics teacher preparation
- PhysTEC Awards Ceremony: The Teacher of the Year and The 5+ Club
Workshops and panels:
- New resources for Getting the Facts Out about STEM teaching professions
- Working with and recruiting from Community Colleges
- Cultivating an inclusive culture in the physics department through a Learning Assistant program
- How to start a regional PhysTEC network in your state
- How to get and run an NSF Noyce Scholarship grant
- STEP UP: Supporting Teachers to Encourage the Pursuit of Undergraduate Physics for Women
- How teacher communities or advisory groups can strengthen your teacher preparation program
- Department Action Teams for improving climate, motivation, or capacity for teacher preparation
- The Underrepresentation Curriculum Project
- Using the PTEPA Rubric to guide program improvement
- Share-a-thon focused on recruitment ideas
- Training teachers to use the research-based PEER curriculum for high school physics
- Periscope: Lessons for training LAs and TAs
- Building relationships between a physics department and a school of education
- Program sustainability: building institutional commitment for teacher education
Post-conference extended workshop: How to build and strengthen a Learning Assistant program that can feed your teacher preparation program
- Between the 2020 PhysTEC Conference and the 2020 APS March Meeting, the LA Alliance will host a nuts-and-bolts workshop about running a Learning Assistant program.
- The workshop is free for anyone registered for the PhysTEC Conference or the APS March Meeting.
|Friday, February 28|
|5:30pm-7:30pm||Networking Dinner for Legacy Sites, Current Sites, and Fellows (invitation only)
|Saturday, February 29|
|10:00am-11:15am||Workshop A||Workshop B||Workshop C|
|11:45pm-1:00pm||Workshop A||Workshop B||Workshop C|
|3:00pm-4:15pm||Workshop A||Workshop B||Workshop C|
|Sunday, March 1|
|9:45am-11:00am||Workshop A||Workshop B||Workshop C|
|11:15am-12:30pm||Workshop A||Workshop B||Workshop C|
|3:00pm-6:00pm||Pre March Meeting Workshop|