Call for Abstracts
Hotel and Travel
Registration and Deadlines
Call for Share-A-Thon Topics
Present a Poster
If you are interested in presenting a poster on your programs, best practices, or new research in physics education at the open poster session, you must submit an abstract to be included in a program handout.
The deadline is February 14, 2020.
Poster Session at the PhysTEC Conference
Saturday, February 29th, 4:30p - 6:00p
Open to all. Topics should pertain to physics education and teacher preparation. Light refreshments will be served at this networking session.
To make a successful poster presentation:
- Put your poster up at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the poster session.
- Your poster must correspond to the title and content of the abstract you submitted.
- Your poster must be no more than 4' tall x 3' wide and consist of materials that can be mounted easily with push pins.
- Plan your poster to be in logical sequence.
- Posters should be designed for clear viewing from a distance of beyond 3' for ease of viewing by many people (a guide can be found here).
- Ensure than NSF funding attribution is indicated where appropriate
- Be sure to select "Poster" when submitting your abstract in the APS system.
Your Poster could look something like:
We recommend, but do not require, the word count on your poster be under 500 words. You can find discussions of the pros and cons of different poster styles here and here, free templates here and here, and general poster tips here and here.
Poster Setup Instructions