Abstracts & Posters
Hotel and Travel
Registration and Deadlines
Poster & Abstract Submission
Poster Sessions at the PhysTEC Conference
There will be three poster sessions held at the conference.
1. The Recruiting Grant Poster Session (invited): Highlighting the best practices and growing programs of the PhysTEC Recruiting Grant sites. Session 3C, February 17, 2:45pm - 4:00pm
2. The General Poster Session (open): Open to all - all topics pertaining to physics education and teacher preparation. Light refreshments will be served at this networking session. Session P3, February 17, 4:00pm - 6:00pm
To make a successful poster presentation:
- Put your poster up at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the poster session.
- Your poster must correspond to the title and content of the abstract you submitted.
- Your poster must be no more than a 4' tall x 3' wide posterboard/poster paper, and consist of materials that can be mounted easily with push pins.
- Plan your poster to be in logical sequence, i.e. introduction, study design and methods, data collected, conclusion.
- Posters should be designed for clear viewing from a distance of beyond 3' so that they can be viewed by a number of people at the same time.
- To ensure visual effectiveness of your poster, use large lettering and a minimum of text.
- Ensure than NSF funding attribution is indicated where appropriate.
- Be sure to select "Poster" when submitting your abstract in the APS system.
If you have been invited to present a poster, a session, or are interested in presenting a poster on your programs, best practices, or new research in physics education at the open poster session, you must submit a poster abstract to be included in the program. When in the system, be sure to select "Poster" in the presentation format option.
Abstract submission deadline: Submissions are now closed