2014 PhysTEC Request for Proposals
The PhysTEC project is soliciting proposals for new sites. To date, PhysTEC has funded 32 institutions to educate greater numbers of highly qualified physics teachers. Only one in three high school physics teachers has a degree in physics or physics education, and the shortage of qualified teachers in physics is more severe than in any other discipline.
We expect to fund:
- Up to 3 comprehensive sites, at a maximum of $300k, to address all PhysTEC key components.
- Up to 10 recruiting grants, at a maximum of $30k, to enhance efforts to recruit more physics teachers.
In this webinar, PIs Monica Plisch and Ted Hodapp will provide tips and strategies for writing a competitive proposal for both comprehensive sites and recruiting grants.
- Download Comprehensive Site RFP
- Pre-proposals due May 12, 2014
- Full proposals due September 8, 2014
- Awards announced November 2014
- Funding begins August 1, 2015
- Email notification of intent to submit a proposal due by May 1
- Download Recruiting Grant RFP
- Full proposals due June 5, 2014
- Awards announced July 2014
- Funding begins September 1, 2014
Note that applications are only considered from institutions that are PhysTEC members. Joining PhysTEC is free; please see the application procedure.