Professional Development Opportunity Detail Page
|Name:||Industry Initiatives for Science and Math Education (IISME)|
|Opportunity Type:||Other Opportunity
|Teacher Level:||Elementary School
|Description:||Are you ready to experience a summer of innovation, collaboration, renewed energy and professional growth? Apply for an IISME Summer Fellowship! IISME's Summer Fellowship Program provides paid, challenging, 8-week summer work opportunities for K-16 educators in corporations and universities. Teachers complete a project for their sponsors and also receive paid time to transfer their Summer Fellowship experience back to their students. Earn $8,200 this summer and return to your classroom in the Fall invigorated with new resources, teaching strategies and updated knowledge!|
|Duration:||8 week summer program|
Benefits and Requirements
|Benefit Explanation:||Teachers earn $8200 over the course of the summer to learn and then return to their classrooms in the Fall invigorated with new resources, teaching strategies and updated knowledge and skills!|
|Other Prerequisites:||Teachers are eligible if they meet the following requirements:
1) Completed at least two years of full-time teaching by June.
2) Committed to continuing to work in education for at least the next three years.
3) Contracted by a school to teach full-time during the following school year.
4) Bay Area teachers must currently teach any grade, K-16 in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara or Santa Cruz County.
5) IISME is continuing to expand into new regions in California, and teachers in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties are eligible to apply for a small number of Fellowships that will be available in those regions in Summer 2012.
6) Have the legal right and necessary documents to work in the U.S. in a non-teaching job.
Professional Development Opportunity Contact Information