Professional Development Opportunity Detail Page
|Name:||Pre-Service Teacher (PST) Internship|
|School/Institution:||Fermilab National Accelerator Laboratory|
|Opportunity Type:||DOE Laboratory
|Teacher Level:||Elementary School
|Description:||Offered by the Department of Energy Office of Science, PST offers ten-week summer internships for undergraduate and/or graduate students who have decided on a teaching career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics. Students work with scientists or engineers on projects related to Fermilab's research programs. A master teacher who is currently working in K–12 education and is familiar with Fermilab's research environment mentors the students.|
Benefits and Requirements
|Benefit Explanation:||Support includes:
* $470 stipend per week
* Shared housing
* Shared use of a rental car
* Transportation to join the program and return home or to school for students living outside the Fermilab area
|Citizenship Requirement:||U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Legal Resident
|Other Prerequisites:||* Undergraduate students intending to become a K–12 teacher in science, math, technology, or engineering.
* Graduate teacher preparation program participants.
* U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
* Participants must provide evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
* Participants must have medical insurance during their time at Fermilab.
* Additional eligibility requirements.
Professional Development Opportunity Contact Information
Batavia, IL 60510-5011