Member Institution University of Northern Colorado
University of Northern Colorado
If you are from this institution and wish to report data, please login.
Physics at UNC engages in the following teacher education activities:
(1) Supports a secondary teaching emphasis in physics. Recently, we have graduated 1-2 majors per year with this emphasis.
(2) Supports a physics concentration for the elementary teaching major.
(3) Provides instruction for two pre-service elementary science content courses -- a physical science course and a science capstone course.
(4) Provides instruction for a pre-service secondary teacher science methods course.
(5) Offers two science content courses as part of a masters degree program intended for in-service science teachers.
(6) Has a faculty member who is a physics education specialist.
(7) Faculty members have been and are involved in physics education research. Most of this effort has been focused on improving student learning in the introductory physics, elementary science content, and general education science courses.