Supported Site Central Washington University: Collaboration
- The memorandum of understanding formalizing the dual degree program was signed by the physics department chair, the mathematics department chair and the college dean.
- The physics department received feedback from Green River Community College faculty about our dual degree program.
- The department partnered with the Running Start office to send three physics learning assistants year one and four physics learning assistants year two to the state physics teachers meeting to interact with high school and college physics instructors. Running Start is a program that facilitates high school/college dual credit options and works with the high school teachers, including physics, that teach these dual credit courses.. (Note: Running Start used to be part of the Office of Continuing Education.)
- The PI worked with university outreach to get the National Teacher of the Year to speak at CWU commencement He is a physics teacher in a small central Washington town.
- The Professional Education course sequence is currently in flux as is the primary department that offers those courses. This could jeopardize some of the efficiencies gained over the past two years working with the College of Education to standardize program competencies and to develop the dual degree program.
- The new administrators in charge of the college in the high school program have pledged to continue to support sending LAs to the Washington AAPT section meeting.
- The PI and other science education faculty members will continue to participate in reforms in the Professional Education Program on campus.
- Seven LAs went to the Washington AAPT section meeting over the past two years with support from the Running Start Office.