News & Events
- Building a Thriving Undergraduate Physics Program Workshop
- The Building a Thriving Undergraduate Physics Program Workshop will be held February 6-8 in conjunction with the PhysTEC Conference. The workshop will assist departments in developing strategies for increasing enrollment of physics majors.
- published on September 14, 2014
- PhysTEC Project Mentioned in the National Science Foundation Budget Request to Congress
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) budget request to Congress for the 2014 fiscal year highlights the PhysTEC Project.
- published on June 12, 2013
- 2013 PhysTEC Conference
- Annual PhysTEC Conference
- published on September 10, 2012
Aug 27, 2014 - Dec 10, 2014
This is the first online course that PhysTEC is offering for pre service teacher education. This is a modeling course as taught by the American Modeling Teachers Association.
Nov 02, 2014 - Nov 04, 2014
The sixth national Learning Assistant Workshop will be held at the University of Colorado, Boulder on November 2-4, 2014. The Learning Assistant program is a highly supported peer teaching experience that has been shown to improve students' learning and attitudes toward science in undergraduate lecture classes and recruit talented science and math students into teaching careers.
Feb 05, 2015 - Feb 08, 2015
The 2015 PhysTEC Conference will be held on February 5-7 in Seattle, WA. The theme for the conference is "Building Thriving Programs". The conference will feature a half-day pre-conference Learning Assistant Workshop on February 5th.
Feb 06, 2015 - Feb 08, 2015
in Seattle, WA
The goal of the workshop is to assist departments in developing strategies for increasing enrollment of physics majors. Institutions are invited to send teams of 2-4 faculty members to analyze their current departmental situation and decide how to take actions that will help them sustainably achieve their goals. This workshop is held in conjunction with the 2015 PhysTEC Conference