Building a Thriving Undergraduate Physics Program
American Physical Society
June 10, 2012 - June 12, 2012 in College Park, MD at the Hilton Garden Inn
The American Physical Society (APS) in conjunction with the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) held a workshop to assist departments in developing strategies for increasing enrollment of physics majors.
Presentations from the workshop are now available to download.
Additional resources are also available.
- An Overview of the Engage to Excel Report, S. James Gates Jr.
- Undergraduate Physics: The National Perspective and Research on Attracting and Keeping Physics Majors, Carl Wieman
- Recruiting, Advising, Mentoring and Retention
- Building on a Scholarship in Physics Education for Course and Program Transformation, Noah Finkelstein
- Physics Teacher Preparation Contributes More Than Additional Graduates, Ron Henderson
- University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, Gubbi Sudhakaran
- James Madison University, Steve Whisnant
- Florida International University, Laird Kramer
- A contributed poster session was held on the evening of Sunday, June 10. Poster abstracts are available online.