2015 Physics Teacher Education Coalition Conference
February 5, 2015 - February 7, 2015 in Marriott Seattle Waterfront, Seattle, Washington
Save the Dates!
Pre-conference Learning Assistant Workshop
Thursday, February 5, 8:00-1:30 pm at Seattle Pacific University
2015 PhysTEC Conference
Thursday, February 5, 1:30 pm - Saturday, February 7, 12:00 pm
Theme: Building Thriving Programs
Post-Conference Workshop: Building a Thriving Undergraduate Physics Programs
Friday, February 6, 7:00 pm - Sunday, February 8, 11:15 am
Friday, February 6, 7:00-9:00 pm
LA Workshop Details
Workshop participants will have opportunities to:
• Learn about the Colorado LA model and how other universities have adapted this model to fit their local needs;
• Meet with current LAs and former SPU LAs who are now K-12 teachers;
• Observe an LA-supported course;
• Hear from university administrators who support and promote the LA Program at SPU;
• Participate in a conversation with experienced LA Program Coordinators and Instructors, who will share best practices in recruiting and supporting faculty in the use of LAs in their courses.
• Formulate a plan for next-steps in their own Learning Assistant Program.
Travel Support for Minority-Serving InstitutionsWe are committed to supporting minority-serving institutions that wish to become leaders in physics teacher preparation, and are offering a limited number of stipends of up to $1000 to qualified institutions to support travel to the conference.
Download the MSI travel grant application
(Download this PDF to your computer. Then fill out the PDF using Adobe Acrobat and email the completed application to Renée Royal at firstname.lastname@example.org)